Monday, July 16, 2012

Lord, Use My Story for Your Glory...

When I bumped into the following write up in the morning, the temptation was to nod and just close it from my inbox, then as a second thought, I took it for the blog for all else to see.

In life, we fail to realise opportunities to touch people's lives for God's glory. At time, its through our words of affirmation that one gets a glimpse of hope and a chance to start afress. At times, our lives are such a mess and needs a person to reignite the flame of God's love and desires for us through his son Jesus Christ that in him we may dwell and cause others to see hope and seek to dwell as well.

I am more than convinced that what I am is as a result of God's work in my life otherwise, I could be just anyone, as everyone in my country has adopted the one man for himself and God for us all attitude and mentality.

It is good to share a moment of yourself with someone- doesnt matter if it is a stranger to you. God brings such moments so that your light may shine through into the next person's light, or , simply, since iron sharpeneth iron, to sharpen and increase your thirst for Godly wisdom and understanding.

So, may you, in your daily walk, take time to praise, worship and honour God, for to mim belong all the praise and glory.


Lord, use my story for your glory...

"He shouted at the top of his voice, 'What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God's name don’t torture me!' -Mark 5:7

Jesus brought out the best and worst in people. One of his most vivid encounters was with an unnamed man who lived among the tombs near the Sea of Galilee. Others had long since given up on helping him. They hadn’t even been able to control him, so they isolated him where he could only hurt himself. The demonic gang in him had almost accomplished its mission of destruction — until Jesus arrived unexpectedly.
Speaking through the man, the demons immediately panicked at having to face the Son of God. The tormentors found themselves suddenly in danger of torment. In a frenzy, they pleaded to be sent into a herd of pigs grazing nearby.
We may not understand entirely why Jesus agreed to destroy the animals, but we can appreciate in that action the value Jesus placed on the life of that one human being.
Jesus didn’t let the healed man accompany him into the boat; rather, he told the man to return to the man’s hometown to share the good news of his healing. Those who knew the man when he was possessed needed to see the change in him. They also needed to hear who had caused the change. Our last glimpse of the rescued man shows him amazing people of his hometown with his story.
Prayer
Show me how to use my story for your glory, Lord...
Learn more about Once-A-Day Men & Women of the Bible Devotional 

Father God, may you make my life a living testimony of your glory. Let those who saw a lay person, see me walk boldly, in confidence and in your wisdom, so that they may see it is not me alone, but you in me working great miracles. Allow me to rise and soar above trials in Jesus name, so that many may be called unto your great and marvelous light, in Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! For some people words aren't enough to tell them Gospel. For them our live testimony is essential to know the power of God.

    ReplyDelete