Monday, July 16, 2012

Leading by example...easier said

So I have not been much of a good steward of the faith. Having been subjected to a changed environment in the office, I found myself behaving like a wild animal! Yeah, wild because I was not showing any difference between a young Christian lady being obedient to a higher authority or just any other wild girl.

When I sat out to do this piece, I found myself constantly saying, it is not my fault! I am not the cause of this and that If the director did a bit of what her core mandate is, then there would be no problem, but guess what, not by showing funny attitudes will she change - if she is the one that needs to change anyway. If I would ignore her, and do what I am asked to do at whatever time, then I would be fine.


If I stopped complaining and rejoiced over what I am doing and what God has given me, then situations would be different.

Well, I have made a deliberate choice to change my ways of doing things. To compel myself to the new set of rule and a new way of life.

I loved the words of Paul to Timothy when he said "Let all who are under a yoke as slaves regard their own masters as worthy of all honor, so that the name of God and the teaching may not be reviled. Those who have believing masters must not be disrespectful on the ground that they are brothers; rather they must serve all the better since those who benefit by their good service are believers and beloved. Teach and urge these things." I Timothy 6 vs 1 -2 .

I make a choice to deliberately honor those in positions, by virtue that they are my "boss" as well as because they are my elders, let alone God's special idea!

Is it not a sad thing how work can become a drag because someone is around? Is it not really sad how we can live an unsatisfied life because we seek excuses of who is stopping me from what?

I made a decision when, through the Purpose Empowerment Global Mission, i found out that I am God's special idea born to Exhort and Add a Smile to the Heart Broken through Writing.

I am a child of God who is meant to shine and fulfill God's mandate for my life. So are you. I know in the long run, if I will humble myself, my "boss" will see it and she will also do a self introspection to find out if she is as well within her God given purpose and if at all, she is being a good and faithful servant to the Lord, and a good master to some of us.

Lord Jesus, may every facet of our lives be so consumed by your Holy Spirit that we may discern when the feeling of hatred, resentment, bitterness, rage, insubordination, and any other spirit that does not confirm of your goodness comes. The devil is a liar and will not make me hear his voice again. May your marvellous voice be the only voice I can hear, especially when the tempest rises. May all that I do bring your name glory, in Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment