Tuesday, September 18, 2012

You deserve the Glory Lord...

You deserve the Glory, and the Honour, Lord we lift our hands in worship as we glorify your name...
All the Glory is yours Lord

Remember the song??

I just love it,  I may not be endowed with the gift of music, but I sing anyway.

There are moments when we have acted outside of our desire to serve God.. Let alone give him his deserved Glory, honour and just worshipping him.

I know for starters that it is possible. In a very Long time, i managed to scrounge a fast today. So difficult I tell you, but I am happy that I had said I would break the fast at 1600hrs and i did that at 1745hrs.



Well, for me, this is my first step towards remaining with my hands outstretched to the Lord and saying, here I am to worship, here I am to bow down before the throne of grace. I used to do that, but things did not work out, and tell you what, the first action was to be angry with God and move away from worshipping and calling upon him. Now, I have resolved that no matter how painful, I am going to keep my hands in the air, praising and worshiping God.

God deserves the Glory because he made everything that we behold and marvel at. I am inspired by David who asks in the Psalms - What is man that you are mindful of him? What am I that God could give some attention to? Who am I that I should have daily provisions, the miracle of another day? What am I that I should have a job to go to when millions of people, some with even better qualifications that me, are struggling to get a job? What am I that I have a home to go to when others are homeless? What am I?
Am I not like grass that withers??

Am I not like grass, that withers away? Am I not just a shadow, that passes by? What an I that God should be mindful of me?

Yet you are so great
See, there are certain acts we do oblivious of the fact that there is a greater somebody who determines our going out and our coming in. I am more than convinced that were it not for God in my life, I would not be where I am today. Yes, he deserves the glory, he deserves the honour. He is wonderful to us, altogether worthy.


Lord, thank you for the gift of life, and thank you for a constant reminder of who you are. Thank you for knocking into my heart and purposing within me a renewed desire to search for you. Help me Lord, and lead me father that your name may be glorified, in Jesus name. I desire to dwell in your presence Lord, so strengthen me that I may truly serve you in all situations. May your name be glorified, forever and ever, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment